Guyana Shore Base Inc. (GYSBI) was established in June 2017 to provide specialized Shore Base Management and Integrated Logistics Services for Operators in the Oil & Gas Industry Offshore Guyana. Today GYSBI is a leader in the Oil-Field Service Industry in Guyana.
We are currently seeking an experienced Construction Operator to join our rapidly growing team. Core responsibilities to operate the equipment in a safe manner, minimizing the risk to you and others as well as to equipment and property.
Job Type: Long Term Role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Maneuvering motorized heavy equipment to ensure the accurate removal and placement of materials.
- Loading and offloading rocks, debris, and other materials from heavy equipment.
- Observing stipulated safety codes at all times.
- Communicating with coworkers to elucidate project specifications, as needed.
- Reporting damages, injuries and other accidents to the line manager.
- Advising the line manager of requisite upgrades, repairs, and replacements.
- Aiding coworkers to ensure that the site is clean and organized at the end of each shift.
- Check and inspect equipment on site.
- Ensure all safety checks are completed prior to operating.
- If the equipment is not operated daily due to operational requirements, then ensure it is checked/started daily, to ensure its optimum operational readiness.
- Comply with company policies and guidelines.
- Keeping a safe working environment
- Other duties as assigned relating to the job role.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ proven experience.
- Holder of Motor Lorry/Motor Tractor License
- Detailed knowledge of industrial equipment/machinery
- High degree of alertness and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Self-starter (willing to take initiative rather than waiting to be told what to do).
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines.
- Capacity to provide and follow direction.
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure.
- Ability to work extended hours, if required.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications close Monday, May 3, 2021.