Guyana Shore Base Inc. (GYSBI) was established in June 2017 to provide specialized Shore Base Management and Integrated Logistics Services for Operators in the Oil & Gas Industry Offshore Guyana. Today GYSBI is a leader in the Oil-Field Service Industry in Guyana.
We are seeking an experienced Cost Estimation Engineer to provide cost analysis support on associated engineering projects based on the technical requirements of each. The Cost Estimation Engineer is expected to provide realistic estimates, and plan and manage projects within schedules and budgets.
Job Type: Long Term Role.
Busy, fast-paced environment
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identify and quantify Bills of Quantity (BOQ) with associated costs.
- Define the project scope, period, phases, communication channels and establish any boundaries for estimates or project requirements.
- Update costs based on new information and project scope changes.
- Collect and analyze all project costs, including raw materials (BOM), labor, equipment and subcontracting to ensure estimates are accurate.
- Collect and monitor data, manage risks, identify contingency plans, control changes and communication.
- Provide financial reports and trending data.
- Perform data analysis and report on developments.
- Provide technical support in review of design packages and drawings.
- Identify design and constructability issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, or other related engineering field
- Minimum of five years’ experience in cost engineering, cost estimating, planning, scheduling, and other areas of project controls in a construction environment
- Functional knowledge of financial accounting
- Proficient with computer estimation software
- In-depth knowledge of construction and engineering processes
- Attention to details
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Ability to work independently and without constant supervision
- A proactive approach to problem solving with strong decision-making skills
Compensation will be based on academic qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications close Wednesday, June 28, 2022.